Friday, March 4, 2011

Me, Megan, and Wan Jing's Use of Internet Tools for Our First Video

This is currently my 6th Blog, and I have to say that I really enjoyed myself this week. Mr. Abel wanted us to use internet tools like the Windows Movie Maker to create videos of our own, but rather than doing that alone (lonely...I am so lonely...I have nobody...ahaha), me and two of my good friends, Megan and Wan Jing, decided to do this together.


The experience was really hilarious, fun, filled with tons of bloopers and blunders, and more laughters. I loved making this video with them, especially the ending when we started singing (Look ma...I'm singing XDXDXD). Here's the video...



The two main tools we used are the Apple's GarageBand and Microsoft Movie Maker.

What is Apple's GarageBand?
GarageBand is a software which Apple Inc designed to allow Mac users to create music or podcasts. We used the audio recording application to record our voices for some of the crazy sound effects, and the ending song. We also downloaded the instrumental version of One Republic's Apologize and did a little editing of the lyrics to produce our final masterpiece.

The good thing about this application is that it allowed us to play back multiple tracks of audio, helped enhance the audio tracks, and adjust the tunes that we recorded. For example, if we tuned the sound we recorded to the max, we ended up sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks, only worst, and if we did the minimum, it sounded as if a devil was talking out loud.

What's the Microsoft Movie Maker?
Basically, the Windows Movie Maker video creating and editing software application that is included in Microsoft Vista and XP.

What we did for the car racing scene was to take photos of the cars gradually moving forward at different parts of the tracks, then combine the scenes together with the movie maker to get the entire car race episode. This is similar to the pictures which we added in between the car scenes.


We also used the Windows Movie Maker's basic audio track editing program which allowed us to export audio tracks from the Fast & the Furious soundtrack in the form of a sound file which allowed us to include in the video.


I have to thank Megan and Wan Jing for making this happen because they were great and definitely better than me in using these tools. I don't usually make self-made videos so this is a great eye-opener for me. Really hope to do this again someday :)

Thanks Girls
...The End

No comments:

Post a Comment